This privacy statement describes how Resurgence Gear Australasia deals with your personal information, and how we protect your privacy.
Our commitment to your privacy
This privacy statement outlines what personal information we collect, how we store, use and share it, and how you can access or correct your personal information. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our websites or contact us in any way.
We deal with your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 and this privacy statement.
Your personal information
Collecting your personal information
We collect personal information that we need in order to deliver our services to you. We collect personal information directly from you when you access our services or engage with us through our websites and surveys.
Information collected from you
If you access any of our services (including supporting our campaigns, responding to surveys, contacting us with a Resurgence Gear business inquiry, signing up for our newsletters, or when purchasing Resurgence Gear), we will collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Your name and contact details.
- Age, gender ethnicity, and any other demographic information you provide to us.
- Your address or region and housing information.Your address or region and housing information.
- Your comments and community contributions.
- Survey results and responses, when you participate in any of our surveys.
- Any correspondence with Resurgence Gear Australasia staff
- Website activity.
- Transaction history.
- Your credit card information is store by third party authorised merchants as in Paypal, Stripe or Afterpay. We do not store any of your credit card details apart from your name & billing info, apart from 4 digits of your credit card.
- Any other information you choose to provide us.
Collectively, this is known as your “personal information”.
Information collected from third parties
We may collect information from third parties to enhance our services, however, when we do so, this information is collected in aggregated form.
Using your personal information
In order to deliver our services (whether through Resurgence Gear New Zealand), we use your personal information in the ways set out below. If we need to use information in a way not outlined below, we will only do so if required or permitted by law or with your authorisation.
We use your personal information to:
- Provide you with any products and services you request or sign up for.
- Set up or administer your membership or Digital Pass access.
- Contact you to clarify details about your membership or digital access, or to respond to any of your enquiries.
- Invoice you, or receive payment from you, for any of our services that require payment.
- Analyse and inform you about providing updates and information to you about relevant information.
- Conduct market research surveys about Resurgence Gear.
- Target or customise our marketing and advertising.
- Tell you about our new products, services, promotions and campaigns. For example, if you are opted-in to email marketing communications we may email you to let you know about new content you may be interested in.
- Provide you with information about the operation and security of our websites.
- Contact you to advise you of changes to our terms and conditions, services or new products or promotions.
All Resurgence Gear New Zealand customers will be signed up to automatically receive email marketing communications, including surveys. For all our marketing emails, you can choose to remove yourself from receiving these communications by following the “unsubscribe” prompt at the bottom of each email.
Comments and community contributions
We may use some of your information to display it within the comments section. When you submit a comment or review, your first name and last name initial e.g. Mary B, or your display name (if you have set one), is displayed with your comment. You can set up or change your display name in your account profile at any time.
We do not publicly display any other personal information in our community areas. We strongly advise that you do not post your email address, home address, phone number or other personal information.
Sometimes, we might want to use the messages you post on Resurgence Gear Australasian Online Sources in our articles or marketing material.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. However, we do share your personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to deliver our services to you (such as for computing and storage purposes, for email correspondence and marketing purposes and to assist you).
We do not authorise third parties to use or disclose your personal information except for the purpose of providing the service we request from them. All third parties, which we disclose your personal information to.
How we store and protect personal information
We store your personal information we collect from you in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act and take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We use trusted third-party providers to store and process our data and ensure that our cloud-based platforms meet privacy requirements. For more information on privacy practices for our key third party providers, see the following links:
We retain personal information only for as long as we need it in order to continue to provide you with our service(s), maintain the security of our websites or as required by law.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is protected against loss, unauthorised access and disclosure or any other misuse. We have an information and communications technology policy in place to ensure staff manage and protect Consumer data and devices. Access to our systems and platforms is controlled, through role-based access, and all access is logged and audited.
- Improve our website (for example, identify and promote popular content); and
- Provide you with more targeted information where appropriate.
Temporary cookies: We use temporary (per-session) cookies to “remember” that a member / user has logged in. This means you do not have to enter your email address and password more than once during a visit.
Please note: Our temporary cookies must be accepted to login and access or to purchase from us. If your browser is set to notify you when you receive a cookie, you will be prompted to accept the cookie. Please select “Yes”.
Our temporary cookies will disappear when you logout of your member or Digital Pass account.
Important: You should not use a “remember my login” feature on a browser unless you are the only person who has access to the browser. Never enable this feature on a public access computer as this could allow other people to access your personal information.
Third party cookies and other technologies: We use third party cookies and other technologies for marketing and to gather website analytics. This includes:
- Remarketing and emails: we use third party cookies – such as Google Analytics – to keep track of the content you’re interested in and remarket it to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Resurgence Gear when you visit other websites).
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out, please visit this page.